When it comes to holiday hairstyles for little girls, cute fun updos are always a great way to go. With the temperatures dropping, we like to opt for protective styles to retain moisture. One of our go to styles for this holiday season are flat twists combined with a bun.
We shampooed and conditioned Anastasia’s hair the day before using the CurlyKids Super Detangling Shampoo and Conditioner. I find that styling on second or third day hair allows for easier manipulation for braided hairstyles. Once her curls are detangled, all it takes is about 20-30 minutes to achieve the flat twists and bun combo.
- Divide hair into two sections. I detangled and braided her tresses the night before. So, her curls were free from knots the following morning, which made it easy to separate her hair into two parts.
- Make a small diagonal part in the front and apply the Curly Gel Moisturizer. I usually begin on wet hair. But since I decided to do this style on dry hair, the gel makes up for it. I get better control and it eliminates flyaways. The gel also allows the style to stay in place longer and doesn’t make the hair sticky.
- Secure each flat twist with a bobby pin. If you plan on leaving the twists pinned, be sure it stays hidden.
- Gather hair into a ponytail. Make sure you smooth hair with the Curly Gel Moisturizer and rat tail comb to get rid of frizz.
- Create bun. There are so many different ways to make a bun. If your little one has long curly hair, you don’t have to add anything. We are using a bun maker to create a perfect shaped bun and secured it with pins.
- Accessorize. Adding a festive ribbon, charm, or jewel are great ways to add some holiday cheer to any hairstyle.