When it comes to holiday hairstyles for little girls, cute fun updos are always a great way to go. With the temperatures dropping, we like to opt for protective styles to retain moisture. One of our go-to styles for this holiday season are flat twists combined with a bun.
We shampooed and conditioned Anastasia’s hair the day before using the CurlyKids Super Detangling Shampoo and Conditioner. I find that styling on second or third day hair allows for easier manipulation for braided hairstyles. Once her curls are detangled, all it takes is about 20-30 minutes to achieve the flat twists and bun combo.
- Divide hair into two sections. I detangled and braided her tresses the night before. So, her curls were free from knots the following morning, which made it easy to separate her hair into two parts.
- Make a small diagonal part in the front and apply the Curly Gel Moisturizer. I usually begin on wet hair. But since I decided to do this style on dry hair, the gel makes up for it. I get better control and it eliminates flyaways. The gel also allows the style to stay in place longer and doesn’t make the hair sticky.
- Secure each flat twist with a bobby pin. If you plan on leaving the twists pinned, be sure it stays hidden.
- Gather hair into a ponytail. Make sure you smooth hair with the Curly Gel Moisturizer and rat tail comb to get rid of frizz.
- Create a bun. There are so many different ways to make a bun. If your little one has long curly hair, you don’t have to add anything. We are using a bun maker to create a perfectly shaped bun and secured it with pins.
- Accessorize. Adding a festive ribbon, charm, or jewel are great ways to add some holiday cheer to any hairstyle.